President James A. Garfield said, “I mean to make myself a man, and if I succeed in that, I shall succeed in everything else.”
Jeremy Willey challenged men today to “Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong.” (1 Corinthians 16:13). He encouraged us to focus on the legacy we’re leaving by considering the following:
- Courageously assume the responsibility to lead our wives and families. See the examples of Jacob, Hosea, and Joseph.
- Prepare our children for life. Lead with integrity, show them affection, be involved in their lives.
- Be accountable to your brothers and friends.
Below is the video “Calling All Fathers” by Todd Smith we watched.
Also please take note of the following upcoming activities:
- David’s 8-week sabbatical started last week, and he will return on August 8. Pray for a time of refreshment, revitalizing, and spiritual awakening for him while he is gone. If you have a spiritual need, please contact an elder or the office. The pulpit will be filled by Jeremy Willey, Steve Heffley, Craig Delich, Mark Alterman, and Ben Santos while David is gone.
- June 25 2:00p-4:00p — All are invited to the CAC to celebrate Alice Kent’s 90th birthday.
- June 25 6:00p Independence Day Picnic Dinner — Follow the link for more details.