Thank you for worshipping with us today.
David’s message compared Paul’s teaching in 1 Corinthians 13 with Peter’s words in 1 Peter 3:1-12. Having written to the Corinthians about divisive and explosive issues in the church, Paul describes in chapter 13 how the church can really be if we let it — if we submit ourselves to holy agape love. Peter picks up the same theme, giving instruction and encouragement to suffering Christians and describing how agape love can be applied to our personal relationships.
If you can help with some odd jobs around the church, sign up on the bulletin board list. These jobs can be done at your leisure. Contact John Wareham or the office for supplies or if you have questions. Some of the current items are:
- Spot clean chairs in the sanctuary
- Move chairs and cart in the lounge to the CAC
- Finish the baseboard in the Good News Room
- Clean outside windows
- Replace light bulbs in flag pole light
- Clean out the garage
- Clean out the park chapel
- Clean trash cans and step stools
Also please take note of the following upcoming activities:
- May 16 6:00p Ladies Spring Tea — Join us in the Coffee Shop for finger sandwiches, desserts, and tea. Debbie Novogradic will be sharing housecleaning tips and Debbie Emberson a devotion on “Grandma’s Apron”.
- May 18 6:00p STOREhouse
- May 22 Graduation Recognition — If you are graduating from high school, college, or a trade school, contact the church office as soon as possible. We want to recognize all of our graduates at second service.
- July 8-10 Branson Trip — A trip is being planned to go to Branson to see “Moses” at Sight & Sound Theatre. Contact Eldon Barnes if interested.